Read about these adventures on our dawsonsoverseas blog

Click here to read about these adventures on our dawsonsoverseas blog

Monday, 24 August 2026

A Whirlwind Stopover in Vietnam

The. Lounge at Heathrow was really crowded but it gave us time to make those last phone calls and to gather our thoughts before we headed off to Hanoi.  The food and service on Vietnam airlines was terrific but sleep was on our minds! We were met in Hanoi by the enthusiastic guide Teddy who was supposed to take us straight to our hotel BUT he had other plans.  I'll take you on a three hour tour of Hanoi he said.  No Charge! All free!
There were half a dozen people travelling on to Sydney with us and we had all planned to use the 12hr stopover to shower and chill.  In unison we yelled out Nooooooooooo! 

Reluctantly he dropped us off, promising to pick us up for dinner. The hotel was of course was in the middle of a gloriously busy street, selling everything you could dream of. We regained our Vietnamese road crossing skills by walking straight ahead and never looking behind us.  I can't believe in previous years I've cycled here.  Most of the bicycles have now gone to be replaced by motor cycles.

 

Dinner turned out to be at a street 'cafe' - delicious food if you didn't think too much about what you are eating ha! ha! I tried to persuade Roger to have a skin fade haircut - only six dollars! No way was his response.  I actually still don't know what a skin fade hair cut is!

So back on the plane.... to Sydney!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment